Monday, September 21, 2009

NovelList Plus the new easy button

So this week we are exploring novellist I've had a little bit of training on this before. So I went in searched "Harry Potter" under series, shazam up comes all the books of the series, but this was too easy Harry Potter was provided so I decided to do my own search for books in the "Alex Cross" series and viola up pops 16 titles. Next I used the Author read alikes option, typed in James Patterson (if you haven't read previous posts you should, anyways my favorite author) and got a good long list of other authors such as V.C. Andrews, Tami Hoag, Sandra Brown, Stuart Woods, the list goes on and on. So if I ever read all of James Patterson's books (highly unlikely since he whips um out so fast) I would have a fall back author. I know what your thinkin this is just too much good for one web site how can one web site have the right to put so many useful tools, but wait there's more. I also visited the recommended reads tab and found links to books based on adventure, horror, suspense, fantasy, mystery, way too many to list. This is a really useful tool to have when a patron knows what kind of books they like but don't know of any authors that they would like to read. So that was the 12th task wow this has been fun and that best buy gift card is going to make it all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment