Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Book Report Network

Hows it goin. I'm back again for another round of webolution. This time my opponent is the formidable Book Report Network. This site brings a lot to the table; book reviews, author info, books to movies, suggested books for book clubs, the list goes on and on. This site is really a catalog of many different sites that offer book based services. I visited all the listed sites briefly to find pretty much the same sort of set up for each, aiding in easy navigation from one page to another. I really liked the BookReporter site, as it offered all the information I could possibly want in the way of books.
Next I took to the Biography Resource Center to search for some info on James Patterson (one of my favorite authors). Using this utility I was able to find some very good info about James Patterson. Such as the fact that his writing career was only his secondary job he was also an advertising executive. I've known people who are writers and having the time to write and do another job is astounding. Patterson was born in 1947 in Newburgh, New York and was one of many of us who was turned off to reading by the school. Although later he went to college for English he never really saw himself becoming a writer. Until he landed a job as a junior copywriter and began writing on the side. Overall this task proved to be a very fun one as I love to read and can get quite a bit out of these sites.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, love your Shelving Victims Unit. It's about time we activated this unit within the library. You rule!!!!

    ReplyDelete