Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Check it out. This is the laptop that I just ordered from Dell for school. It is an Alienware M17x self proclaimed "Most powerful laptop in the Universe". It has an anodized aluminum outer shell, making this sucker tip the scales at 12 lbs. You would be hard pressed to find one exposed screw head on this baby. It has facial recognition log in via the 2.0 webcam. It has multiple led light zones (4 in the keyboard alone, so I can have four different colors on the keyboard for a rainbow effect). Specs on my system are.....
Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz 2 x 2048MB
1GB Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - SLI enabled
640GB (320GB x 2) 7,200 RPM (xMB Cache) - RAID 0
17in Display
Slot loading DVD & CD burner and reader


anodize

6 comments:

  1. facial recognition log-in? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing is downright scary! It's going to gain intelligence and kill you, you know this, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I might have to watch out. Now that it can recognize my face it might log itself in and commit criminal acts on the internet. No one would even think to blame the laptop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have a new laptop from Dell - a Studio with a 17" screen but.....no facial recognition. I sometime wish it had voice recognition because I talk to it sometimes - not in a personal way, just things like "Where did I put that file?". By the way, I love your blog title

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, yeah voice recognition would be sweet I got my laptop yesterday its way cool got it on most secure setting if I walk away it locks down until it sees and recognizes my face again.

    ReplyDelete