Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pandora and Last FM

So I am really familiar with pandora since I use it all the time at the library and on my ipod touch. So I decided to try out Last FM and see what it was all about. I went to the website and immediately I noticed how well the home web page was laid out and everything was super easy to find. I started with some music typed in one of my favorite bands (All that Remains to be exact), and the first song to pop up was my favorite song from the group ( "Two Weeks" if you like rock you need to check out this song). Not only does this website dedicate a radio to this artist for you but it also has band info and thousands of pictures. This is one of the many advantages to this website that pandora falls short at. With pandora usually when you enter a band you rarely get any songs from the band that you actually typed in. Also pandora has a limit on how many times you can skip a song if it is not something that you want to listen to, Last FM however did not have this as far as I could tell, because I utilized the skip button ten times without conflict. Last FM also has list of musical events going on in or around the area of your residence. Another thing that I have liked about pandora is that if there is a song that is playing that I really like and want to buy I have the option to purchase the song through itunes directly from my ipod touch. So I looked immediately for this option on Last FM and it was there as well. So the next step is to go on the ipod touch and see if there is a application for last fm and I will definately download that. This is a great website for music enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment