Saturday, August 22, 2009

Book Catologing

For task #7 I went and visited all the links to the Reader Resources pages. With these I think the best ones are Library Thing, Goodreads, and Shelfari. These to begin with are really well set up each page is really appealing and professional looking. With the other websites I noticed that they had some of the same options but the way that the pages were set up (color schemes and fonts) really kind of pushed me away. I liked how Library Thing lets you set up a catolog then connects you to other people based on similarities in your readings. This would be really beneficial if you had nothing to read and were looking for a good new book, you could request information from someone else with the same book likes as yours and get some ideas on ones that they have read. Goodreads was also very nice because it sets books up into catagories so you can see which books are currently really popular in your favorite genre. Lastly I like the way that Shelfari offered the quick tour on the home page, so you can tell what options you have without having to sign up and see what all a membership comes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment